Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sticky September Weekend

It has been a sticky September weekend. And I drank too much last night so the morning was a thick, hazy, wretched experience. It was bettered when my roommate invited me along to the farmer's market. Although hot, it was pleasant and Asian pears are now in season so the whole sweaty experience was worth it. Also, I stopped by our local second hand shop, WIN, to pay a debt and wander around in the AC. I found these dusty little shadow boxes. They have (had) beans and lentils and a little picture of a child in them. So I dissected them and will eventually figure out what to do with them.

In the afternoon, after some quality time spent reading other peoples' blogs and looking at the television, I traveled to my sewing room to go through the Martha Washington that my aunt has just given me. Among many other things, I found a wad of extremely bright embroidery thread, which I love. And this is what came about.


In addition, I was able to get two new beds made and clean up my sewing room before succumbing to hunger and fatigue. Sunday, I was fortunate enough to be invited to ride a chase boat to watch the log canoe races. Even though I have spent my entire 25 years (except college) on the Eastern Shore, I had never seen these giant boats before. Here are some pictures of the boat Casey was on.


We finished the evening by going to a silent auction and wine tasting at the Imperial Hotel and the Prince Theater to benefit Kent Youth. As per usual, I go into it thinking, I won't bid on anything. No Way. But, I did, several drinks in. So, since I know my little brother won't read this, I bid on a birthday present. Golf for four. That's right. Golf for four. And now it's back to work.

No comments: